Monday, July 9, 2012

MY READING LIST (ala my best friend, Lauren)

So my best friend, Lauren, is an avid reader.  Any time I am in need of suggestions for reading material, she is the first person I turn to. Every time.  So when I put in a request for a summer reading list, I got a categorized list of 18 books...I'm completely confident that this will take longer than summer to complete.  Not a problem though, it'll just carry through into the school year.  :)

So here it is...the master of all book lists (as far as I'm concerned):


Category One: Sweeping Literary Masterpieces
1. American Gods- Neil Gaiman
2. Perdido Street Station- China Miéville
3. The Meaning of Night- Michael Cox
4. Only Revolutions- Mark Z. Danielewski
5. Doctor Zhivago- Boris Pasternak
6. The Prince of Tides- Pat Conroy

Category Two: Meaningful and Poignant Reads
1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
2. Zorba the Greek- Nikos Kazantzakis
3. Looking For Alaska- John Green
4. Siddhartha- Hermann Hesse
5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time- Mark Haddon
6. Life of Pi- Yann Martel

Category Three: Entertaining Yet Remarkably Worthwhile
1. The Book of Lost Things- John Connolly
2. Eat, Pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
3. The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger
4. Running With Scissors- Augusten Burroughs
5. I Am the Messenger- Marcus Zusak
6. Last Chance to See- Douglas Adams





I am SO EXCITED to read these!  (With the exception of I Am the Messenger, which I have already read, although I just might re-read it...sometimes you can stumble across something you missed the first time around).
Thanks so much, Lauren, dearest!  I love you very much!


Best, Hannah S.  <3



3 comments:

  1. I love that she categorized the list! The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Looking for Alaska are wonderful. Running With Scissors is the best. You should read everything Augusten Burroughs has written. (Magical Thinking is my favorite of his.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic books!

    I highly recommend anything by Neil Gaiman. He's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girls! I'll definitely be keeping those suggestions in mind. :)

      Delete