Thursday, July 19, 2012

You were just a hole that lacked passion, another undignified product of society, that girl should have been a mansion.

"I don't have to be your baby, I don't have to be your baby, I don't have to be your baby...I am a mansion, I am a mansion, I'm not taking none of your shit!"  


Mansion Song - VERY explicit, but one of the best girl power songs out there.


I love Kate Nash, she's so awesome!


Her music and her example as an artist completely and utterly inspire me.  I love how relate-able she is with her music and her message, her style...she just seems like such a normal person.  To me, THAT'S the most amazing and affirming thing - to see a famous woman who has a personality and uniqueness about her, who's not afraid to be herself, who's not a size 000 (AKA, is the size of a NORMAL girl versus an anorexic girl) and is and is OKAY with that, and who is able to laugh at herself and the world.  She is a true role model to young-adult women everywhere and I admire her for being who she is.


So needless to say...I've been listening to Kate Nash on loop recently.  And it's glorious.
If you've never heard of her, CHECK HER OUT!  :)










3 comments:

  1. I love Kate Nash! My favorite is "Do-Wah-Doo."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Wah Doo is SO GREAT. I listened to it for a week straight when I was studying for finals...it was the only thing that could lift my spirits. :P

    ReplyDelete