Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHERS DAY (A TRIBUTE TO MY DADDY)







This is my daddy.  He has been here for pretty much everything.

He was there the day I was born.
He taught me how to ride a bike.
He was there every Christmas and every Birthday.
He helped me carve my pumpkins on Halloween when I was too little to do it myself.
He built Lego cities and constructed railroads with my sister and I when we were younger.
He was there in my middle school and high school years to help me with my math when I was struggling in that area.
He was there for vacations, road trips, dances, prom nights, and parties of every kind.
He was there every step of the way to help me fund raise for my ambassador trip to Europe.
He helped me with my college applications, my FAFSA, and anything else I needed to apply to college.
He was there with me when I received college rejection letters and acceptance letters.
He was there for awards nights and senior dinners.
He was there for my graduation.
And he will be there for many mile stones to come.

My dad and I are so much alike in personality.  Quiet, analytical, a little bit on the nerdy side...I look like my mom for sure, but I think and process like my dad.  Although sometimes he frustrates me - along with everyone else in my family; I'm certain I frustrate them too ;) - I feel like, because of our similarities in personality, he really understands me.  We watch "The Big Bang Theory" together.  Sometimes we talk about life, politics, the future, anything.  Sometimes we don't talk about anything; we just sit together in silence.  For some people that might be awkward and uncomfortable, but for us the silence is never awkward.  On the way to school in the morning we would listen to music on the radio; I'd gripe about how crappy the music selection is and he'd just chuckle to himself because he knows he agrees.

I don't know where I would be or who I would be without my daddy in my life.

Thanks for everything, dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment