Saturday, June 23, 2012

WORN-THROUGH AND WELL-LOVED.

My favourite shoes: my TOMS.  They're shoes for a cause; shoes with a higher calling (possibly a strange and novel concept for those who are unfamiliar with TOMS).  When you buy a pair of TOMS, you are essentially buying shoes for two people - yourself, and a child in need who cannot afford or does not have access to shoes. 

I feel like if you are going to purchase items, you might as well do so consciously, deliberately, and with a definite purpose.  And I feel that TOMS goes above and beyond in this area.  Considering the clear purpose and consciousness of where and how their shoes (and other items) are produced, I've got to say, TOMS is (hands down) my all-time favourite brand.

I wear my TOMS everywhere, pretty much at all times, as you can probably tell from the images below.  Just as the title of this post says, although my TOMS may be worn-through, they have definitely been well-loved at the same time.  Seeing as my shoes are falling apart to the point that my toes are exposed, it very well may be time to purchase a new pair.  At least I can buy with confidence that my money is doing something good not only for me, but for someone else too, and that the products are made in a clean and safe environment that encourages and builds up its employees via fair working conditions and standards.
Needless to say...I love my TOMS!







1 comment: