Thursday, June 14, 2012

I WANT...

To blog more frequently, and actually talk about what is going through my mind and what is happening in my life; no silliness, no "using my blog as a filing cabinet for old documents", just me being real and honest with myself,

To take pictures more often, and to upload those pictures, and possibly even to restart Project 365 (and actually follow through).

To exercise daily and to eat right, not because I want to look skinnier or achieve validation from some sort of magic number displayed on the scale, but because I want to feel good.  The Bible says that your body is your temple.  Even though I'm not a huge fan of the aforementioned at the moment, that nugget of cheesy wisdom is all too true.  Most (if not all) religions regard the body as the home for the soul; it is our job to nourish our bodies and in turn, nourish our souls (also cheesy; also true).  In this way, I almost feel like negative body images stem from a malnourished soul; the mistreatment of one's body results in the mistreatment of the soul, leading to states of depression and self-loathing...but I digress. The point is that if I treat my body like shit, I'm going to feel like shit.  This is the only body I have, and based on that virtue alone, I should take care of it.

To travel the world and experience new things; to live life as if it is a never-ending adventure.

To read poetry more often - The E. E. Cummings book of poetry that my best friend, Lauren, gave me is a brilliant place to start.  (I love E. E. Cummings, and I especially love Lauren).  :)

To meet new people and learn new things.

To live in a different country for a while; to see what it's like somewhere else; to see past the stereotypes and into the everyday life of a native; to step into someone else's shoes for a while, just for the experience - just to learn what life in other countries is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment